“Our Business is Energy“
Power System Studies and New Energy Innovations
With our deep knowledge of power networks and world class in-house expertise, we offer a full suite of specialist power system studies capabilities:
- Grid connection and grid code compliance studies for synchronous and inverter-based generation, battery energy storage systems, etc.
- Network stability, reliability and power quality assessments
- EMT studies including development of User Models, controller interactions, HVdc, FACTS, etc.
- Operational & long-term network planning of country & large interconnected regional systems
- New Energy Innovations including assessment of new fuels (e.g. hydrogen)
Generation and Transmission Engineering
With our strong in-house design and project management capabilities, we offer full Owners’ Engineering Services and grid code compliance testing for renewable power plants, substations, overhead lines/cables and balance of plant works up to EHV:
- Full Owners’ Engineering services
Plant and asset performance assessment
- Site assessment and energy yield analysis
- Functional and detailed design preparation
- Tender process management for EPC/O&M contractor procurement
- Project and contract management services
- Grid connection design services
- Grid code compliance testing for thermal and renewable plants
Our deep experience in energy economics coupled with our strong in-house energy modelling expertise allows us to offer a wide range of services to support sound investment decisions:
- Sector policy, industry reform, regulation
- Energy analytics, econometric energy, demand forecasting
- Market analysis, energy, carbon trading
- Supply/demand analysis
- Economic dispatch, generation planning, integrated resource planning
- Gas-to-power project, power to gas conversion analysis
- Electricity tariffs, pricing analysis and financial modelling
- Economic and financial analysis of generation and transmission projects
We assist clients in steering complex projects through the development processes from concept to financial close, seamlessly integrating technical, commercial and regulatory aspects:
- Project development from concept to financial close
- Preparation of bankable feasibility studies
- Due diligence and risk assessment for project bankability
- Project structuring for bankability
- Preparation of project agreements (power purchase agreements, transmission agreements, etc.)
- Management of tender process for IPP procurement to financial close
ESP has a strong track record in providing capacity building to clients in the energy sector. The capacity building is tailored to the specific needs of the clients and can take the form of:
- On-the-job-training to client counterpart staff on projects;
- Secondment of client staff to ESP offices; and
- Specific courses in specialist areas as required by the clients.
ESP offers specific training on power system analysis covering technical as well economic and financial aspects of power system planning. We offer specialised tailor-made training courses on the technical aspects of power system analysis to power utilities with a particular emphasis on applications using Power System Simulator for Engineers (PSSE®).
Project Management Services
We have the capability to integrate the technical, financial, commercial and legal components of energy projects and to manage these projects to the required specification, on time and within budget with strict attention to quality control.
We have provided project management and programme management services to both public and private sector clients on complex, multi-disciplinary projects in the energy sector. We have earned a reputation for driving projects throughout the project cycle from concept phase to financial close and project implementation to achieve our clients’ objectives.
‘Our team is highly proficient in power application software and our strong in-house development
skills allow us to automate and amplify the power of these tools’.
All Trademarks Acknowledged